Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

It won't start. Just wont fire up. Has new battery. Oil and…

It won't start. Just wont...
It won't start. Just wont fire up. Has new battery. Oil and water l good. Sounds like it's out of fuel but has a full tank. Was driving then car jerked then stopped. Now wont start. Any ideas.
3/13/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

There are several possible causes -

broken timing belt

fuel pump failed

crank or cam sensor failed

ECM failed

coils or ICM failure

If you are planning to diagnose and repair, you will need a fuel pressure gage and tester, compression tester, voltmeter, test light and good set of tools.

Usually a sudden failure like that is either the fuel pump or timing belt

If you have all these, let me know and I can walk you thru the testing

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Thank you for your help Eric. Turns out it was the coil. Brought a new one she running great now. Yes i have rated you and if i need to I will certainly call upon you in the future.