Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The left door behind driver will not open its a 2006 i can…

Customer Question
The left door behind...

The left door behind driver will not open its a 2006 i can hear motor but will noi open

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Over 100 i spend over 2000 to put it up to date like new one and its auto

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Honda?

Odessy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes to fixing just keep trying to open door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No only problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 day by:
3/15/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This can be a fault with the cables that work the door.The motor sounds like it is working but the cables are not pulling to open it.I have seen broken cables in the past cause this issue here.The paneling needs removed at the motor to inspect the cables.If this was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete