Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

A/C only blows warm air and when the AC is off, the Pilot…

Customer Question
A/C only blows warm...

A/C only blows warm air and when the AC is off, the Pilot gets very hot even if you have the temperature control on 62

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking. When we bought it the connector to the controller on the floor was disconnected. When we connected it, it worked, but sounded like water was boiling. Now the AC doesn't work at all - just blows warm air

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pilot?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Tried pulling the controller and putting it back in. seems to cycle properly. Ran an HVAC error code (just read about that online) and it comes up with a blinking 88

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/13/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Does the A/C clutch come on at all? have you had the Freon pressure checked? I would like to know the pressures on both high and low side.