Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I drive a 2007 CRV, it's a great vehicle. Over the years it…

Sir,I drive a 2007...

Sir,I drive a 2007 CRV, it's a great vehicle. Over the years it has on average given me, +/-25MPG. Last month I pulled an uHaul 5X8 trailer from AZ to MD, 2300 miles. I assume the weight of trailer made the mileage during the trip go from 25 to 16 MPG. Well now the car is empty and no more trailer and the mileage has only gone up to 18 MPG, as I have filled up 2/3 times, I thought by now I would be getting back into the low 20s MPG, any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?

The vehicle was completely serviced at an independent garage that I have used for years with complete satisfaction and they replaced all filters, I asked them to give a extra good check of the vehicle as I was getting ready to drive w/trailer 2K miles in aweek and I planed nor to drive more then 60/65 with the trailer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sir, I have not done anything yet except keep track of MPG. I no longer do any work on it myself but am looking for a place to start or ideas to give the mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that the car has been well maintained for 105K. This is the first bump in the road, thanks.

3/12/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

You just need to do a vehicle reset with that, but before you do make sure you have your radio code as you will need it after the reset

pull negative battery cable then positive touch both cable ends together for 1 min and then wait 15 more install positive then negative and start car.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Shawn, as this is going to take awhile and the car is 10 stories below me I think that your suggestion to have a vehicle reset done on the car. That sounds like the place to start. See that was easy, when I go to the Honda mechanic shop,which I will do in a week or so, I'll have the man start there. Thanks.
Stan

your very welcome

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician