Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I was having trouble with starter ignition on 2003 civic, I…

Hello, I was having...

Hello, I was having trouble with starter ignition on 2003 civic, I switched it out from a parts car we have and when I plugged everything back in. Car will roll over but not start.... the original key starter that was in it wouldn’t even turn a budge

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Old key was worn and wouldn’t allow key to turn at all, tried pulling on wheel, wasn’t locked stopping it, the starter key mechanism itself won’t turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have installed a starter key piece , plugged in the green plugs and everything back to how it was, used the new key for starting car, was going to just use old key that wouldn’t start car for door locking and just use key from new starter to start car.... key will turn, I have power going to car, it just won’t start, just keeps rolling over

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a relay for the power locks that may be causing a issue, where the key that is to start car isn’t the original key for door locks ??

Car ran great started up easy no problem, just the starter would have to wiggle a bit then it seemed to me worse the next day or so, then this morning it wouldn’t turn key at all. Figured change starter piece from parts car over to this one and would be fine, just having a key for door and a key for starting.... now it won’t start, but I can turn the key and have power, put Windows down etc, just doesn’t want to start, Almost like if anti theft is stopping it or something
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/11/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Your saying that the engine cranks over but does not start correct?

Does the check engine light illuminate with the key on for a bulb check?

Have you checked/confirmed there is spark when the engine is cranking?

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Car ran great last night and first thing this morning
Phone call session started