Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I can’t work my radio because I unplugged my battery and now…

Customer Question
I can’t work my...

I can’t work my radio because I unplugged my battery and now it says “enter code”

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Would the code be in my manual?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007 honda fit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t really tried anything but holding the 1 & 6 buttons

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/11/2018
Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You're seeing this because you need to enter the radio's security code. If you don't have record of the code then you'll need to obtain it either from your dealer or a site such as this one or this one. Once you have the security code then you can enter it using the preset buttons and the radio will function again.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.