Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Where is coolant drain plug on engine, not radiator, for…

Where is coolant drain...

Where is coolant drain plug on engine, not radiator, for 2014 Honda CRV 2.4.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm changin the coolant to a different brand. The new coolant only comes in 50/50 mix jugs. I'm going to flush the existing coolant with distilled water but then need to drain the water from the engine block.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it items 4 & 24 on the attached engine block schematic?
3/10/2018
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

#4 and #24 are coolant plug and sealing washer but in the wrong spot. it's between the engine and transmission. The ones you want are to the passengers side of the oil filter base adapter. # 5 in the diagram. That's where pretty much all 4cyl block drains are.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! Please remember to rate! I will be stepping out for approx 39 min.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. That's just what I needed.

You are welcome, please kindly remember to rate.

Thank you, Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic