Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

That worked great yesterday with the alarm on Honda 2004. I…

Hi Eric, that worked great...
Hi Eric, that worked great yesterday with the alarm on Honda 2004. I have a 2008 Honda CR-V EX that the timing chain stretched and it jumped timing. Can you tell if the valves are bent with a scope??
It was not running when it happened, it just all of a sudden woulndt start
3/10/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

9 times out of 10 you can use a boroscope thru the spark plug holes to verify bent valves. But every now again, a valve will be bent along the upper part of valve stem where it is hidden by the cylinder head wall.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager