Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My friend's 2003 Honda Civic ES8 1590cc does not want to…

My friend's 2003 Honda Civic...
My friend's 2003 Honda Civic ES8 1590cc does not want to accelerate just after start up, after it warms up it drives fine. The airflow sensor was changed but the problem continued, the engine light is not on. What do you suggest?
3/10/2018
Greg
Greg, import technician
Do a fuel pressure test sounds like
A problem with the fuel delivery.
If you can get hooked up to a scan tool and check for pending codes ?
Worth checking even if no check engine light .
Also typical is a bad MAP or MAF sensor . You will need to check this with a scan tool in live data .Check this then please get back to me. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you rate now positive you can get back to me anytime without any extra charge.
Rgds Greg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I will try and get back to you, thankd

Okay sounds good .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi GregSorry for taking so long. I got caught up doing other stuff. We don't have the equipment to follow your instructions. We checked the plugs and the fuel pump. We ended up tightening the fan belt and it got a lot better. We think that is the problem along with a weak battery.
Oh yes a lose belt could cause this issue.
But now disconnect the battery for a few minutes the reconnect and test drive if all is good then that was the problem. If the check engine light comes on then please get back to me.
Rgds Greg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok we will do that tomorrow and let you know.Thanks
PH
Ok sounds good have a good night
Rgds Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician
Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician