Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe (V6) and I am having a

I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe (V6) and I am having a problem I hope you can give me some direction on. Battery is less than 2 months old. The car will crank just fine, and periodically it will fire up. When it does, within 2 seconds, it will stop running completely. I have an Innova 3100i diagnostics tool and absolutely no codes show up on it. I'm not a guy that works on cars a lot, but I'm stumped. My thought at this point is leading me to suspect the fuel filter or the fuel pump. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ran the diagnostics tool, checked for broken belts and wires under the hood, checked a few fuses and that's about it. Very minor work I do myself, but as I said, I'm not a "car guy".

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this point. I think I've told you all I've tried.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

when you are cranking the engine and its not starting, does the rpm needles move?

No it does not.
RIM needle does not move.
Meant RPM needle

ok, then the crank sensor isn't sending a signal to the computer

Is that something a novice can replace

i think so. ill send you the procedure

Great! Thanks.

sure, please standby

you need to remove the drive belts for the alternator and power steering pump, remove the accessories out of the way, remove the crankshaft pulley, then remove the front plastic timing belt cover and you will see the sensor

654bf64b-5c3c-48bf-b2b2-...pdf
654bf64...pdf
7b8a83c0-f5e4-48e5-ba3a-...PNG7b8a83c...PNGd611341d-5d10-4e4e-8ff8-...PNGd611341...PNG417f489c-6ce3-4962-8ba3-...PNG417f489...PNG1058dd1b-46e1-4eab-99a8-...PNG1058dd1...PNG76ed1e55-92ea-4de0-819d-...PNG76ed1e5...PNG
Thanks a lot David. That should get me there and I sure appreciate all your help. You've answered my question. Hope you have a great rest of the day. Goodbye.

you are very welcome and please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you very much