Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2014 Honda Accord fcw, ldw, airbag light, eps, traction

control, and tpms lights come...
2014 Honda Accord fcw, ldw, airbag light, eps, traction control, and tpms lights come on randomly. When this happens,sometimes the ac doesn’t work. This is a car that had been flooded a little bit at one point. Is it possible that there is like a body control module that is starting to wig out? Or, I also replaced the airbag module. Does that module control other things as well?
3/9/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Sounds good

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

depends how high the water went up , but you need to unplug all of them and check connectors and clean any corrosion,which i m sure it there

it could be worse where the harness under the carpet is where the wires are corroded and carpet has to be pull up ,

the air bag module only control air bag system, when you have multiple systems failing that is more of wiring issue .

but location of srs module is under dash middle console where water went in

i would look at driver side fuse box / module

click on link to view the PDF file showing modules location in all the vehicle

get CRC ELECTRCAL CONTACT CLEANER AND SPRAY ALL CONNECTORS ,GET A FLASH LIGHT AND LOOK INSIDE THE CONNECTOR PINS , THE PINS CORRODE ON INSIDE MAKE POOR CONNECTION

Please Let Me Know if you can view pdf file
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Thank you chad. Yes I have cleaned any corrosion from most of the connectors and haven’t really found much. I’ll keep looking
Is there a way of telling based on which lights are coming on which connector it could be that is doing it?

TO BE HONEST THERE IS NOT , I WORKED ON FLOOD CARS, COMETIMES EASY AND SOMETIMES NOT !!

BUT I WOULD HAVE HOOKED UP TO HONDA CAPABLE SCANNER AND READ FAULTS AND POST THAT LIST BACK HERE FOR ME AT LEAST WE CAN NARROW DOWN

WE HAVE LIKE BUS LINE THAT MODULES SEE EACH OTHER THAT WAY , IF ONE DOES NOT SEE THE OTHER AND DEPENDS ON ITS FUNCTIONING IT WILL DISABLE THE BOTH SYSTEMS ,SO THAT CAN BE DECEIVING AND WE END UP REPLACING PARTS OR THROWING PARTS AT IT :)

THE LOCATION OF THE SRS TELLS ME CARPET NEEDS PULL UP ,ESPECIALLY THE ONE UNDER DRIVER SIDE LEADING TOWARDS THE FUSE BOX

ANYTHING LOW, U CAN USUALLY TELL TO WHERE THE WATER REACHED

I WILL TRY TO HELP WITH IT ,READ BELOW HOW TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH ME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

thank you chad. Yes this vehicle I have taken all of the seats out the center console out and pulled the carpet up. Where ever I saw connectors I used the CRc electric spray or sometimes brake cleaner that evaporated quickly and then I put an anti corrosive fluid film on the connectors to make sure they don’t corrode in the future. Maybe I missed one. I’ll check and see. They would mostly all be in the front of the vehicle though right? Like in front of the front two seats. It seems like any other connections would just be to turn on little lights in the back or something
We hooked it up to the Autel Maxisys scanner but it just had a lot of can-bus codes. I’ll try it again.

you correct on all mentioned , go back and recheck, i took some apart few times

and had to change complete harness on some

Ya I was wondering why the harnesses are changed out sometimes when all the wires have the rubber around them. It seems like the only place water could get to it is at the connectors. Here’s a picture of the connectors on the driver side. They are almost to the floor and look really clean to me

no, i d seen wires in that loom touching, man i spent 2 weeks on mini once

i went thru wires one by one ,like take wrap off and separate them by hand

Chad Farhat