Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Honda 2009 VSA light on won't go over 20 miles an hour. VSA…

Customer Question
Honda 2009 VSA light...

Honda 2009 VSA light on won't go over 20 miles an hour

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

VSA light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Honda?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced throttle body spark plugs mass air intake sensor and a hose Crank sensor as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My shift lock is broken and have use the override have error codes P0325 P0420 P02500

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/9/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the model of your 2009 Honda along with the engine size, please?

2.4l
4 door

Is this an accord, civic, pilot, etc?

Accord

T​hank you. Just a moment, please, while I review a few things.

When you say won't go over 20, do you mean that it tries and loses power? Does the vehicle rev high or back fire while pressing the gas?

tried but won't go no high rev or back fire. My shift lock is stuck and I am using the override to put it in gear

Are these the only codes that you have present at the moment?

T​hank you. Just a moment, please.

​​The codes that you have are for the knock sensor and the catalytic convertor. A couple of things could be going on here. Your catalytic convertor could be clogged(P0420) and preventing the vehicle from creating power. In order to determine this, the pressure coming from the tailpipe will need to be measured. If the pressure is reduced, or not there, then the catalytic convertor will need to be replaced. Also, the knock sensor(P0325) is producing a code that may result from a misfire in the vehicle and will also cause reduced power. I would first check the converter to see if the exhaust is breathing properly as this is the most probable cause.

Here I am attaching vehicle and code specific information for the codes that you have provided.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.