Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Code says code 1 looking to reset radio

Code says code 1...

Code says code 1 looking to reset radio

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I need to know the vehicle application in order to get you the correct information.

Would you happen to have the VIN by chance?

Was the battery disconnected? What happened and why/when did this start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had to have new battery cables,put on so battery was unhooked for awhile .
Yhe bin number is..1HGCG5656YA104153
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a 2000 Honda accord

Thank you for that information.

Are you looking for the radio code or the procedure to reset the radio?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am looking for the code so I can reset it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess the procedure as well Thank ypu

Ok let me see what I can do for you.

For the radio code, I will also need the device serial number

Here is how to get the device serial number.

Push and hold the #1 and #6 radio preset buttons when the display says CODE and turn on the radio.

A "U" and a 4-digit number should appear, that is the first 4 numbers of the serial number then the display will change to a "L" and a 4-digit number and that number is ***** last 4 digits of the serial number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When i press#1and#6 nothingbhappenened I turned radio on now it says code E

Ok, then you will need to get the serial number off of the side of the radio or from inside the glove box

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sticker in glove bock is..M98k472700

Thank you.

Your radio code is 13235

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I turn radio pn amd then punch in code?

If your vehicle's battery is disconnected or goes dead, the audio system will disable itself. If this happens, you will see "CODE" in the frequency display the next time you turn on the system. Use the preset buttons to enter the five-digit code. The code is located on the radio code card included in your Owner's Manual kit. When it is entered correctly, the radio will start playing.

If you make a mistake entering the code, do not start over; complete the five-digit sequence, then enter the correct code. You have ten tries to enter the correct code. If you are unsuccessful in ten attempts, you must then leave the system on for one hour before trying again.

You will have to store your favorite stations in the preset buttons after the system begins working. Your original settings were lost when power was disconnected.

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it to work you huys are a,lifesaver..Thank You so much

Your welcome! I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A+ rating

Thank you!

Thanks and have a great night!

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician