Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have 2013 CRV current 33,000 Miles yes on car. Honda has…

I have 2013 CRV...

I have 2013 CRV current 33,000 Miles yes on car. Honda has to replace Solenoid Assembly...is it under warranty?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not fixing my car, Honda wants to fix it. They ran diagnostic test by AWD light went on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the battery fully charged? Does the light stay on while you're driving?

Light stayed on two days, then never came back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The cost per Honda to replace Solenoid is $589.00

3/9/2018
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Ok thanks I don’t navigate internet too well & app asked me ?’s I didn’t know....
My brother thinks @ 33,000 Miles this should be under warranty...?

Can you please tell me what the solenoid is called? Too many choices for me to guess. Your CR-V is out of warranty by time for everything except powertrain. It might also be out of warranty by time for this too. It depends on when the car went into service originally.

There is abnormal wear on EDPS solenoid plunger

The dealer should have ran an inquiry to see about the warranty. My guess is 99% this isn't covered. That's a rear differential or AWD part. If I can have your VIN I can see if there are any updates or recalls?

5J6RM4H54DL071140

The VIN is missing a character? It should have 17 characters.

There is a bulletin for this problem. It's not a extended warranty, recall, or update so your CR-V would be out of warranty by time. The parts, diagnosis and labor would be right at or very close to the estimate they gave you.

Just to be safe I would ask them if it's still under the powertrain warranty by time? This part is part of the powertrain now that I read the bulletin. It really depends on when it was sold and put into service. 3 year 36000 mile warranty plus 5 year 60000 miles for powertrain whichever comes first so it's right at 5 years.

There is only one recall for your 2013 CR-V for the shift lever. It's probably been done.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!
~Honda-Man Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

I’m at Honda tomorrow I’ll check this out for sure Thankyou!!

You are welcome! Please remember to rate.

Cliff aka Honda-Man

Ok I’ll request you again
You were very helpful!!

Thanks I appreciate that!

Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Still have ? Re power train warranty. Did you see my recent ? About 10 min about?
The service bulletin I’m curious about!,
About 10 min ago...
Hope you can help me
I hope I got Cliff Honda Man

This is Cliff.

I need to step out for an hour or so. Just ask your question so I can answer it when IO return.