Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2006 honda crv and I'm trying to install an

I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 honda crv and I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio the first one would not turn on and the second won't either I'm not even sure what to do next. The wires have power and I have checked all the other connection to the best of my ability. I have checked all of my fuses as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes I have checked them both

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am . I checked the fuses and I have checkEd for power at the wires

3/8/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Did you get the aftermarket harness for the vehicle side?

can you send come pictures of your connections ? is the head unit new? have you checked for power at yellow and red and ground on black?

I don't have pictures but I do have power to those wires. What is the definition of a head unit? If it's the radio it is brand new just picked it up today.
I'm switching from factory radio to a radio that touchscreen Bluetooth and navigation is it possible it's not enough power?

radio is same thing as head unit, if you have 12v you have enough power, next you want to back probe the radio harness for power and ground, if you have that something is wrong with the radio, sometimes the new ones you have to press and hold the power on to turn them on for the first time

This is the second brand new radio I have tried and I get no power. I'm at my witts end.

whats the model of your new radio?

Dual Electronics XNAV267BT 6.2 inch LED Backlit LCD Multimedia Touch Screen Double Din Car Stereo with Built-In Navigation, Bluetooth, iPlug Smart App, CD/DVD Player & USB/microSD
That's the one I am trying to install now the first one was a boss BV9986BI

the colors in the doc I sent can you send me pictures of there terminations to the vehicle harness

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician