Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2010 Honda Civic LX. A message has appeared on the…

I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Honda Civic LX. A message has appeared on the audio system display window......it says "Enter Code". How do I get rid of that and get the call station number and time to be displayed?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I have a 2010 Civic LX. On the audio system display window it says "Enter Code". How do I get rid of that so that the radio station and time will be displayed again?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to do it myself rather than taking it to the dealer. I haven't tried much......just pressing buttons. That doesn't help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I was playing a couple of discs before this message appeared. When I ejected them, the message appeared.

3/8/2018
eric remington

OK I CAN HELP YOU...DID BATTERY GO DEAD OR GET DISCONNECTED

OK I NEED VIN NUMBER

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2HGFA1F59AH519921

O​K GIVE ME SOME TIME TO RESEARCH THIS FOR YOU IN THE ARCHIVES.... FACTORY RADIO CORRECT?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
factory radio
Ok hold down 1 and 6 on your radio and get me the number that appears please
Hold down 1 and six first snd then turn key to no.2 position and read me number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry. Nothing happens when I hold down the 1 and 6.

ok did you hold down and then turn key on till lights on dash lite up? try again and again if not you will have to get me serical number on back of readio..you will have to pull radio out...ry again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried the 1/6 routine numerous times. Nothing happens!! Being a senior(female)citizen, there is no way I would attempt to remove the radio! I will be taking it to the dealer on Monday.

u​nless you have the radio code in you glove box somewhere perhaps with owners manual or radio info it should be on a card all you need is the code...if you can look for it let me know if you cant find it then yes you will have to have radio removed by a mechanic or someone mechanically inclined :)

t​hose are the only two ways to retrieve the code or serial number to enable one to obtain code. Since the 1 6 option did not work then we have no choice unless you can find the code . If you are original owner you should have it in the original paperwork the radio code should be on a card. Even if you are not original owner it still may be the radio code on a a card in central console or glove box

eric remington
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I searched the glove box and found the code card. I entered it and now clock and radio work. Thank you for your help. Will cancel apps at dealership.

O wonderful to hear. . Its scenarios like this which make my job here at Just Answer very satisfying. thank you for using Just Answer

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington