Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

They lost the key and then broke the tumbler out with screw…

Customer Question
They lost the key...

They lost the key and then broke the tumbler out with screw driver, how can i start it. 2005 Honda accord 4cyl automatic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

I said they broke out the tumbler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just want to get it started so i can move it before it is towed and then get new ignition assembly

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
3/6/2018
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will not be able to start it due to the immobilizer that needs to recognize the key. the only thing you can possibly do is to disconnect the transmission range sensor and manually shift the lever on the transmission to neutral so you can push the vehicle

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician