Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

We replaced my CV shaft on my 91 accord sedan automatic EX.

We replaced my CV...

We replaced my CV shaft on my 91 accord sedan automatic EX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes welly friend is and while he's doing it he's teaching me

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I took my old one out and put a new CV shaft on driver side

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Do you have a question? What can I do to help?

What does it mean when I try to put it In drive and it don't want to go or move .
I just replaced CV driver side shaft

Usually this means you didn't get the shaft all the way into the transmission. So the splines aren't making the connection. Go under the car and check and see if the one you didn't replace is in further then the one you did. My guess is you just didn't get it in past the snap ring. Sometimes they take a good wallup to get in there all the way.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

How do I know when it's all the way in?

If you look at the end of the axle that's going into the transmission, it's got a lip on the cv joint, it can't go in past that. But the seal in the transmission should be snug around the axle.

Plus, like I said, use the other side as a guide, it won't hurt.

Finally, if you can pull the axle out by hand, it's not in all the way.

Please let me know if there is more I can do to help.

Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.

Thank you

Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech