Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2002 max and the radio and trip computer cratered.

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 max and the radio and trip computer cratered. I bought a used radio and trip computer on eBay. The gentleman did not send the radio code with it though. The serial number for the radio is B10520390. Can you help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Battery was not disconnected but I bought a used radio and don't have the radio code number for it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Honda?

2002 Acura mdx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need the radio code that matches the new serial number

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
A 2002 Acura MDX
3/7/2018
Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain radio codes and in addition to manufacturers, JustAnswer prohibits the posting of radio codes here.

There are two ways you could obtain the code.You can try http://www.radio-code.com and they should be able to supply the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you, usually for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

A 5

Please remember to rate my performance before leaving the site as that is the only way I receive credit for helping you; a five star rating is greatly appreciated!

Good luck with your vehicle!