Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My honda odyssey 2016 doesnt automatcly close?

my honda odyssey 2016 doesnt...
my honda odyssey 2016 doesnt automatcly close ?
3/4/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Clifton B., Auto Service Technician replied 4 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

im talking about the sliding door it opens but not closes

d​o you mean the doors do not lock when your driving or when you exit the car ??

ok

what switch are you using the close the door ? the door handle or the pillow switch ?

both
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician

My name is***** you still needing assistance?

the sliding door opens automatically bbut does not open automatically only manualy it closes ?

On a newer vehicle the first thing I would do here is what's called a battery cable reboot procedure.

1). Disconnect the battery cables from the battery posts (negative first, then positive)

2). Use a jumper wire and connect both cables together

3). Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (if equiped with an ignition key) and wait 15 minutes.

4). Turn the ignition switch OFF (if applicable)

5). Remove the jumper wire from the cables6). Reconnect the cables to the battery (positive first, then negative)

Start the engine and recheck the lights. In most cases this will work. Keep in mind that you will need the radio code to put in as the security system will lock it out, so make sure you have the radio code before disconnecting the batery.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!

justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
i dont have a key so what do i do ?
and where can i get the radio code ?
Thanks A Lotwhats a jumper wire ?

If you don't have a key then simply disconnecting the battery cables and jumping them together will do fine. A jumper wire is simply a wire that you use to connect the cables together.

what about the radio code

normally you're radio code is with the owners manual packet you get when you buy the car. It's also sometimes on a sticker on the inside of the glove box. It's a 5 digit code

On many newer models there isn't a anti-theft code any longer. You just push and hold the audio unit power button for 2 seconds and the unit exits anti-theft mode.