Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Ì have honda accord 2000 4 cylindre ,when i am dring about…

236; have honda accord...

236; have honda accord 2000 4 cylindre ,when i am dring about 30 minutes it suđenly stop engine after 5 minutes it can start again ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Headlight off , battery just chech at meineky work good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I chech ai meineky they said i don;t know

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I learn mechanic 20 years ago and i stop working for a long time

3/3/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, the most common causes are fuel pump or ignition coil and ignition control module overheating and shutting down and after anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes cool down, restarting.

No way to check as long as it is starting, so you need to get a can of carb cleaner or starting fluid and when it cuts off and doesnt restart, spray some fluid into the throttle body and try to start it. If it starts and runs for few seconds, it has spark but no fuel and will need to replace the fuel pump. If it doesnt start, then replace the coil and ignition control module

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

I replace main relay , it is okay !

glad you got it

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager