Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need to order an oxygen sensor for my 2005 honda, civic,

I need to order...

I need to order an oxygen sensor for my 2005 honda, civic, lx

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Civic. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The check engine light is on so I took it to autozone to get the trouble codes and they are P0139, P0135

2/28/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

I need to order the oxygen sensors, how many does my honda have? how many do I need? and which one's do I order.

The code P0135 (bank 1) indicates a problem with the upstream HO2S sensor and the P0139 indicates a problem with the downstream HO2S Behind the Catalytic converter. Are you looking to replace them both?

My mechanic asked me to order them, and he will fix it, but I don't know which ones to order

Is your Honda a VTEC engine or not?

I believe so
I just found out it not a Vtec

Okay then you can get the set of two, front and rear for a pretty fair price online or you can get them as well as your local part store. See the link below for the ones you need. This is for the both of them.

https://www.am-autoparts.com/2005/Honda/Civic/oxygen-sensors/AM-11584906/587004.html?rawFit=587004-2005&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9nUBRCTARIsAG11eif7f6ebKKywDp_OyxPK5v20x-d7kCa1S3sl7xyN4QsxfmAVL_7FyIEaAjEPEALw_wcB

These are for the Non VETC 1.7 engine which should be what you have and need.

ok so the pair is for both front and rear? This is the only one?
Thanks for your help!

Yes, this is the pair, The HO2S with the longer wire is for the rear sensor and the one with the shorter wire is the front on. Your 1.7 only has two HO2S sensors, the upstream and the downstream which is shown in the link and sold as a pair.

Great! Thank you so much! Know that you are appreciated! Claudia

Your very welcome and Thank you as well, Claudia. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician