Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a red person sitting with a red ball...sometimes

I have a red...

I have a red person sitting with a red ball...sometimes going on and then off on my dash?? dont know what the warning is

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Just started

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2005 honda accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure what to fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything else seems good

2/6/2018
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Does the light you are seeing look like this (click link): https://goo.gl/NZfJrG

Ok, Great! Thank-you! Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

This warning light is the Air Bag System warning light. This means there is a problem somewhere in the Air Bag System, and the system is now currently inoperable. This can be a problem with an impact sensor, a problem with the seat belts, a problem with a sensor or module, and anything in between. First- make sure the seat belts are working correctly and are not jammed or stuck loose. If there are no problems found with the belts, then the next course of action is to have the diangostic trouble codes scanned from the on-board computer. This will require the use of a scan-tool that can read Air Bag codes. These codes will more accurately point to the part or sensor that has the problem, and from there, the correct repair can be made. In the meantime, it is safe to drive the vehicle. Just use a bit of extra caution as the air bags will not deploy in the event of an accident while the light is set. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
thanks for the information....5 star rating

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Have a great day!

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -