Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

We have a Honda Odyssey 2010, two things are happening, the…

We have a Honda...

We have a Honda Odyssey 2010, two things are happening, the light for the passenger left keep going lighting up on the dashboard to say the door is open but it's not and the second is that the alarm keep going off, mostly at night time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

We took it to Honda this morning and they checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

We haven't tried anything ourselves.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

1/24/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Did both the issues started happening the same time?

well the light for the door first then the alarm

Has the vehicle ever been hit on the passenger side?

no

The issue you are experiencing is usually caused by a intermittent faulty signal door ajar switch. That will also trigger the alarm when malfunction when the car is locked.

how do we fix it? Should we ask Honda to replace something? They didn't find anything wrong this morning.

They will need to check the signal from the passenger door and check for any irratic signal. Most common problem is a faulty door switch, damaged wiring or a door need to be adjusted (mainly needed if vehicle has been in a collision).

ok, if it keeps happening we will go back and get the door switch rechecked. thanks

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
thanks will do.