Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

My 2007 Honda Accord won't start. I washed one side of the…

My 2007 Honda Accord...

My 2007 Honda Accord won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I washed one side of the car and was ready to turn it around in my limited space to wash the other side. When I put the key in, I had nothing. No lights on the dash no buzzer, nothing whatsoever. I checked the battery voltage and had 12.3 volts at the battery and to the fuse box. I checked resistance from the battery to the engine and body and had no resistance.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the voltage and resistance from the battery to the car body and engine. They all check out fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has always started fine. But about a month ago we were going to the mall and on the way the engine quit for just a second and fired right back up. I didn't have to restart it, it just resumed running. But it was off long enough to make the radio ask for a code. Other than that I have never had a problem with it.

1/23/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! SO there is a connection problem somewhere, I would check the main fuse panel and check all main fuses, you could have something blown and its barley touching

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have checked all of the fuses that I can get to and they have battery voltage across them. Are there any fuses up under the dash that aren't in the boxes?

no, can you make it do it by wiggling any wires ot things around the fuse panel, we would want to focus on the main panel under hood for this

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I do not feel that any thing that I was told helped because of the fact that the car started before anything was done. I would guess that this problem is a Honda idiosyncrasy. Since the problem, I have mentioned it to several people and they claim to have had the same problem. From "nothing" to working fine for no apparent reason. I know this problem makes "no sense" but that is why I called, I was hoping for some info on a Honda specific problem, which I didn't receive. I am sure it will recur at some point, just as it did this time.
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician