Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My engine shudders at low speed stops when I get up to

My engine shudders at...

My engine shudders at low speed stops when I get up to 35-40

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

53000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Auto

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Honda?

2011 accord se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have it at aamco as we speak hoping it is not the tranny

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats is the only problem

1/22/2018
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

So it vibrates-shudders at idle or stopped in gear? Or is it at higher speds like when cruising at a steady speed?

Thanks in advance for the additional information,

Cliff

it is only on acceleration and stops once speed gets to 35-40
only on acceleration it stops once speed gets to 35-40 also does same thing when going from high speed to low of less than 35

Thanks, ***** ***** engine light on or the transmission shift indicator D light?

engine light not on shift indicator is in D

Thanks again, what I have found for this symptom is bad CV axle inner joints. They can cause a vibration on acceleration and decell. there are 2 inner joints most likely it's just one bad one but it is very hard to isolate which one. I usually replace both axles to be sure. I highlighted the axles in the diagram.

it does not vibrate it shudders like the gear isn't quite engaged it is very weird

There are transmission vibration issues but it's at higher speeds and on a slight acceleration or steady speeds 50-65mph. I also think you don't have a transmission problem. It would have a warning light on and act up under different conditions.

But it shudders under acceleration right? Does the tachometer RPM's flare up abnormally when it shudders?

Sorry I should have said shudder or a bad vibration. They can be very close or similar to each other.

no the only problem is the shudder at low speed some of the forums say change the plugs

If it were a plug it would be misfiring. The engine computer is very sensitive to misfires. The check engine light would be on for sure.

Misfire is a vibration-shudder like you feel but the light would be on. I am confident it's not a spark plug or the transmission. I have worked on Honda cars for over 30 years.

oh darn I was hoping for an easy fix, should this be resolved quickly I have been driving it like this for 6 months already
I don't drive a lot though

It's much easier than the transmission so that's good. It is important because the axle could fail. I would put it on your to do list. Waiting a little longer should be fine though.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!
~Honda-Man Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
thanks