Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Seems to be a common problem. blend motor seems bad and

Seems to be a...

Seems to be a common problem. blend motor seems bad and bypass for heater core not working. so no heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Changed thermo and radiator, plus hoses yest. Low flow at idle good flow at 1500 rpm. cable to heat valve on siezed. had to cut it to open vavle

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 1500?

1999 accord lx vtec 4cyl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

1500 was rpm for flow from water pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

1/21/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I need to know if yours has manual or automatic/digital climate control panel and if it has separate temperature controls for driver and passenger side

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
all manual no separate passenger side

HI,

Ok, you will need to test the air mix control motor underneath the passenger side of the dash - see attached for location and testing procedure

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Your attachments helped me to narrow down the problem. Both the blend (too weak) and air mix motors (no movement) were bad. Two new ones on order, until then both are set by hand for defrost and heat. Will wait til early sumer to replace firewall cable to flow valve. My elderly neighbor thanks you.
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager