Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

The malfunction Indikator light stays On And The "D" light…

The malfunction Indikator light...

The malfunction Indikator light stays On And The "D" light is off

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No just The Owens manual

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Honda Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Honda?

It's a 2003 Pilot ja st Hand it Serviced in Nov

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

No do nötig fix it my Self im färben Award from Home Wondering if i should attemt to Drive it for the 5 Hrs hometrip?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm 5 hrs away from home

1/20/2018
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

is the engine light on solid or flashing?

eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No engine light is on
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have noticed a hissing sound when turning the wheels since it was serviced last in November ,not driven it much
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where are the answers to my problem?

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes

if you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy