Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My battery will not start if I stop the car for a short

My battery will not...

My battery will not start if I stop the car for a short period of time. Honda is telling me that if I stop and turn off the motor I have to open the drivers door to really shut everything down

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No corrosion. It’s a 2016 crv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don’t do my work. My battery has died twice this month both times when I stopped for a few min. Are they right about having to open drivers door to shut down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fro reading reviews sounds to me like this is an on going issue with crv’s

1/19/2018
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today.

yes they are right about the door shutdown. but you get out of the vehicle everytime so i dont think its relevant to your problem

I pulled my car over and turned it off to answer the phone. I did not open the door and then it would not start

wow really. okay im reviewing

honda has found that a software bug in the VSA system may be keeping it awake when the ignition is turned to OFF. This can cause a 350 mA parasitic draw that may result in a weak or dead battery. also found that this issue appears to happen only when a certain shut down procedure is done, and it's rare when it does. this parasitic draw can be avoided by setting the electric parking brake before turning the igntion to OFF. they are still looking into it so im sure when they find it the will recall it thank you

Thank you. I will talk to my dealer

thank you and please rate me on my services greatly appreciated

hi just checking up on you. please remember to rate me on my services. thank you

Cesar Jimenez