Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I notice the falshing red light on the driver side door lock…

Customer Question
I notice the falshing...

I notice the falshing red light on the driver side door lock not blinking,but was able to unlock the door with the key. I also notice the door switch to lock/unlock not working. Then I put the key in the ignition and turned it on to start the alarm went off. Please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Yes there is one that was burned "clock back up"

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2001 Accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I did the lock/unlock reset, disconnect the negative battery,checked fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I looked for the red and white wires to disable the system,but was unable to find it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 day by:
1/21/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today.

go to passenger side door and lock and unlock it and alarm should be disarmed