Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Drivers side door will not lock with key or fob. 2004 honda…

Drivers side door will...

Drivers side door will not lock with key or fob. 2004 honda pilot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Won't lock with key either. fob battery is new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm a 70yo lady who does not do repairs. lol I'm in a rural area and have no one local to ask.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's my only issue

1/19/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE Master Tech

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the other doors unlock with the fob?

Other doors lock with both key and fob. Only drivers door won't lock with either.
no thank you.

Ok, then this is a bad drivers door lock actuator, and will need to be replaced

That is what I needed to know. Thank you.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate , so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE Master Tech
Tim Mohr, ASE Master Tech