Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Insight 2010 - after sitting for two weeks, the original…

Insight 2010 - after...

Insight 2010 - after sitting for two weeks, the original ignition/starter battery was dead. A jump start was attempted, terminals were crossed. After that, no power to anything, like a master fuse had blown. The battery was replaced since it was almost 10 years old. Still no power. Fuses checked, all OK. What do I do/check next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistently dead! No fluctuation.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Insight yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself. I've replaced battery and checked fuses.

1/19/2018
Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall. I am reviewing your question now and will reply shortly. You may see a popup for phone call request, That is not from me but rather the site. We can keep in this chat format or a call if you prefer.Call is an option not required. Thanks. Back shortly

I'll stay with chat thanks

Does anything work at all,? be sure to check each thing like wipers, lights, heater, inside lights,radio, etc etc

No, nothing works.

Thanks, ***** ***** send my answer shortly

What has happened is likely the main fuse, It is a 100 amp fuse. When a short like this occurs at the battery , this is the first fuse to blow, It can be bought at most any parts store. I forget if that fuse is held in place withe 2 small bolts or nuts , that you will have to look close at, but in any case, its located under the cover on the small fuse link box that is on the POS battery cable on top of battery. I have attached 2 picture links to show you location etc, It will be fuse #1 shown in the diagram, Here are the links

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page.Many thanks! Randall

That fuse looks intact. Is there apart that is not visible that could be damaged?

That is the main fuse. You can see in the diagram everything it controls to include headlighst which do not work, so yes,, I feel it is bad and looking at it is not confirming

Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you. I’ll get a replacement fuse. Greg

Please keep me in the loop, I jsut can not see anything else to cause the problem unless a wiring problem developed but that is rare

Tracer3
Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician