Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My radio needs a code to come back on. What do i need to do?

Customer Question
My radio needs a...

My radio needs a code to come back on . What do i need to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Its showing a code error 4 because i just been putting in numbers to see if it works

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
1/16/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

I can help you get a radio unlock code.

What year is your honda?

2008
Sorry I don't have $26 to pay just paid my last $5 to talk to you. All I need is a code!!

I'm sorry, the phone call pop up is not me. It's an automated thing. I don't need you to call.

I need you to retrieve the serial number from the radio:

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  2. Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse (or battery cable) for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
  3. Turn OFF the device.
  4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
  5. The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
  6. And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
  7. Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

Sorry, I was going to warn you about the phone call pop-up but I was typing up the steps for getting the serial number.

Omg!! My husband is driving it and I for got to get the manual out. But is there anyway you can tell me how without it. Or if it makes a difference its a Honda Element Ex

We don't need the manual. We can get the serial number from the radio if it currently says "COdE" on the display.

Once I have the serial number and the Vehicle's complete Vin I can enter that into the Honda unlock code database and they will send me an unlock code.

Ok it said error code 4

In that case you'll need to disconnect the battery for about 1 minute to get the radio to reset.

Could that be because I was just putting in numbers to see if it will work.

Yep. It is just locked out after too many code attempts.

Ok so just I will just use the steps you gave me and thank you for helping me

Once you get that serial number send it to me along with the complete vin and I'll get you that unlock code.

Ok

Please let me know if you are ready for me to retrieve that code. Thanks!