Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My car’s dash is going crazy. When I click the turn signal…

Customer Question
My car’s dash is...

My car’s dash is going crazy. When I click the turn signal it puts on my hazards and now I’m sitting in my car and the lights are clicking on and off along with the locks

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Even with no key ignition and this clicking just started

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2012 Honda Accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything haha. My best guess is it’s a wire mix up, a spark plug misfire or something with the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It dings like the key is in the ignition when I open my door that’s been going on for a couple days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
1/17/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok we need to start with a vehicle reset, pull negative battery cable then positive touch both cable ends together for 1 min and then wait 15 more install positive then negative and start car.

hows it going?

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician