Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 2006 honda pilot is dead. It does not have any juice. I…

My 2006 honda pilot...

My 2006 honda pilot is dead. It does not have any juice. I tried jump startingit but instead sounded the alarm off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes i tried but my key fob didnt work either

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Even when it was sounding off i tried shutting the alarm off with the key fob but that didnt work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its pretty much dead

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

do you have a voltmeter?

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Hello
My honda pilot is dead
It has been parked in cold weather for a week
When i went to open the door my keyfob didnt not work
Ok
when i tried to jump start it the alarm went off everytime we connected the jump cables
im assuming its electrical
Whats a voltmeter

its a meter to check voltage at the battery terminals

I see
eauto
eauto, self employed
Phone call session started
Does this sound like a common issue
Why does the alarm/horn go off when i try to boost it

because the battery is dead.

you can try hitting the unlock button on the key fob when the alarm goes off.

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic