Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L. My nav system is not

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L. My nav system is not locating me. It thinks I'm in California when in fact I'm in Florida. i have done a total reset to no avail. Called two Honda dealers and they seem like a deer in headlights and have not helped in the least. I've taken the dvd out and re inserted but no help. Even the time on my radio is incorrect. Before the reset it could not find a digitized road and any directions it gave me for a location on 5 miles away it said that it was 1600 miles away. Pretty frustrated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

What bulbs, no I haven't checked the fuses. Would that have anything to do with the gps not finding my location?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

As said, did a reset and then took the dvd out and reinserted.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

It sounds to me like the navigation unit lost it's saved zone information and is now showing the incorrect data. Do you have you owner's manual nearby? Inside it will describe the procedure to reset the saved zones. That is where I would start, if there is still an issue afterwards then it may be a compass issue

I can find nothing in the manual about resetting the zones. Why don’t you tell me.