Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2014 Honda accord, battery died because of icy cold…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Honda accord, battery died because of icy cold weather: trilple A jump started the battery successfully and I drove it for half an hour last night. this morning it starts, but gives a little "whoosh" when I turn it on and when I turn it off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, the headlights will turn on and, according to the triple A guy, if I drove it last night for 15 minutes it would be fully charged. So I drove for 30 mins, just to be safe.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not a mechanic: haven't tried anything---just went out this morning to make sure it would start and it did. It just makes this little whooshing sound.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is relatively new--bought it last February and don't drive the car a lot, just short trips.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
1/8/2018
Mechanic for Honda: acura mstr, Honda Master Tech replied 6 months ago
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. The cold weather combined with a discharged battery means that the battery will not fully charge by just driving the vehicle. Unfortunately you will need another jump start and then have the battery charged. Believe it or not not driving is harder on the battery than driving everyday. Sorry you are having this problem but I think this is the best way to proceed.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.