Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My hazards lights are flashing. The turning indicators on…

Customer Question
My hazards lights are...

My hazards lights are flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The turning indicators on both sides back and front. And flashing all the time even when I switch off the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Honda CRV 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. That's all r

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
1/8/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is either going to be the hazard switch is stuck close or the MICU(micro computer) located inside the underdash fuse box has failed. The MICU is a micro computer that controls many vehicle functions including lighting. In order to check for this, if you do not have a scan tool, you will need to disconnect the hazard switch. If the lights quit flashing, then you can just replace the switch. If the lights continue to flash, this means there is a short in the circuits(more than like the fuse box itself) and the module will need to be replaced. Here, I am attaching the electrical information with the areas of concern highlighted..

To test the module a scan tool will be needed.

Here, I am attaching the parts and labor information for the hazard switch. Labor information is listed in hours and is determine by the hourly rate of the shop.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.