Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I can't get the auto alarm system to stop.. there is

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the auto alarm system to stop.. there is something jammed in the lock cylinder. I have the key... I can start and run car but the alarm doesn't go off. The remote and panic buttons don't work on my key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yeah... I can't ... the cylinder in the door has something jammed in it. I got locked out of car. AAA was able to break in but they couldn't fix the actual lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007 Honda Pilot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing... I drove it around until alarm went off and then climbed out the window. I have someone who can come tomorrow to fix it. I need to be able to move and lock the care in the meantime.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 day by:
1/9/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are unable to remove the broken or jammed component from the lock/latch assembly usually the latch assembly has to be replaced to resolve this issue here.I have had to replace the latch before for being bound up or damaged causing this type of fault.You can use a flat blade tool to try and open the latch while operating the handle at the same time to see if it releases and works from there but if it does not I suspect it will need to be replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete