Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

How disable/disconnect Active Noise Cancellation on 2018…

Customer Question
How disable/disconnect Active Noise Cancellation...
How disable/disconnect Active Noise Cancellation on 2018 Honda Accord sport
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
1/7/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 month ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Turn the ignition switch on the I (radio) position.
Turn the radio on and check it operates normally, and turn the radio off.
Press and hold the preset buttons #1, #6, and volumn (VOL) push button at the same time.
when you see 'DIAG' appears on the display, you can release the buttons
Press the #1 preset button, you see 'ANC ON' on the display.
Press the #1 preset button again to turn the ANC OFF and hear a humming/booming noise coming from the speakers for about 1 minute

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Eric, I actually don’t have preset buttons as it is touchscreen. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My Honda Accord is a 2018. Please let me know. Thanks

HI,

Ok, Honda doesnt have a program for that one to go into and disable it. You would have to physically unplug it. There is a video for the 2017 Accord. Yours should be the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz6E_WSat3c

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Eric, I saw that video on YouTube but unfortunately mine is different with USB plugin and built in lid. The new isn’t the same style.. do you have any instructions on how to remove the 2017 front storage compartment?

Sorry, checked and dont have them. I will opt out and see if another expert may

Mechanic for Honda: acura mstr, Honda Master Tech replied 1 month ago
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. Unfortunately the 2018 manuals are not complete yet. I do have the location of the ANC unit but not the removal instructions. It is located behind the glove box to the right of center toward the top attracted to the dash brace. (20 wire plug) The glove box removes pretty much the same as an 17 model. pull the trim over the lid off and pull down the lower dash cover and remove 3 screws at the top and 2 8mm bolts at the bottom of the door and pull it forward , Remove the harness plugs and its out. then you can see the ANC unit .

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Here is alink showing the location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jprxcnbznce1r69/anc.JPG?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.. I will have a closer look tomorrow.. I could only see the 2 lower bolts but couldn’t see the 3 top screws.

you will need to pull off the molding over the glove box door ,It just snaps in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y98ua15gla06v3t/trim.JPG?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great! I will have another try tomorrow. Thanks and stand by!

ok, ill check back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I believe I disconnected the ANC but the humming from the aftermarket sub is still humming permanently. So I have reconnected it.. could it be possible that I disconnected the wrong unit?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The device I disconnected seems lower.. just above the glove box latch.

sorry but that's all the info I have . Ill opt out and see if someone else has more info on the system.

acura mstr
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech