Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 94 Honda Accord that when in P or N the idle would…

Customer Question
I have a 94 Honda...
I have a 94 Honda Accord that when in P or N the idle would surge so I talked to a a mechanic and he said to clean and adjust FITV so I did put all together started up later went tot drive an the d4 light started flashing and spedo stop working and wa's smoke come from the hood when I drop and I hurried shut car look under hood and coolant was everywhere I found 1 hose a small coolant one I had forgot to put back on so after putting it back together again all seemed good I started the car let it idle for a few and did a test drive it was better but soon after started leaking again I also had to use the Insrant gasket stuff cause I could find the gasket anywhere to buy
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
1/6/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Matt, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

so having cleaned out the idle valve? it all idles steadily now?

is it still leaking coolant?

also what engine is this please?

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt