Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I just replaced the battery in my wife's 2008 Honda Accord.

Customer Question
I just replaced...

I just replaced the battery in my wife's 2008 Honda Accord. Now there is no sign of power any where. What are the reset procedures that I need to do now?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I just put in a brand new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes car would not start. Turned over real slow. I removed old battery and bought new one from local car dealership. And installed new one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Now there is not any power to the system at all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

It is very easy to blow a fuse on these, make sure the terminals are on correct first then check all the main fuses in the underhood fuse panel

The fuse stigmatic says that the battery fuse is 100 A . would this not be the one most likely blown?

yes but it can blow others, have you checked these yet?

IS this not the one that needs replace

you have to check it first to see if needs replacement, is it blown? have you checked power yet?

No I have not . Have a vey bad back, very hard to bend over. I do not own an Ohms meter anymore!

oh thats bad im sorry, well take your time and let me know what you come up with