Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Having trouble resetting Radio in 2005 Honda Accord after…

Customer Question
Hi...Having trouble resetting Radio...

Hi...Having trouble resetting Radio in 2005 Honda Accord after recharging battery. I follliwed instructions and submitted my VIN number and Serial number. Got a 5 digit code number back. Went back to car to reset using New code, but every time I pushed a button after the CODE word showed up, I keep getting an error code. Not allowing me to type code in or getting Radio to work. What am I doing wrong? Thx...

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

The battery had to be recharged because the car wasn’t in use for a week while I was away, and due to the cold weather, the battery and car died, I had the battery jump started the other day and the car is driving fine. I got the code by pressing #s 1 and 6 giving me the U and the L numbers which I combined...I submitted that and my VIN and got a return message on my e mail describing the car and giving the code. This should be the code. How do I reset it with this code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have explained it to you twice! What am I supposed to push to reset the code and get the radio working again??

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This should be enough...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
1/6/2018
Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you're seeing an error when trying to enter the security code then you either have the incorrect code or there is a problem with the radio itself.

What exactly are you seeing on the screen when trying to enter the code?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician