Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

With heat on, floor vents blow cold air while the upper

Customer Question
With heat on, floor...

With heat on, floor vents blow cold air while the upper vents blow heat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

No, not yet. If it was a coolant problem wouldn't both upper and lower vents be blowing cold air?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2011 Odyssey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, but haven't tried anything yet. Just started my research.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
1/5/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

Does the defroster blow hot air,when it is in defrost mode?

I think so.

Ok if it blows hot air through the vents and the defrost, there is a problem with one of the air control doors in the heater box. In the heater box there is a series of doors and passages that the air flows through. If the door that controls the floor passage is stuck or broke the air will not get to the heater core to get hot. Has there been any work done to the heater unit that you know of?

Not that I know of. We've only had this van for a little over a year.

When you press the floor button on the controler do you hear any noise or clicking from behind the center consul?

I'll have to check it tomorrow and get back to you on that.

Ok while you are at it, set the temp from hot to cold and back to hot again see how long it takes to transition . Then check the mode functions, by that I mean, check the vent, defrost and the floor controls, to make sure the air is going in the proper direction. And of coarse see how hot the air gets. On defrost it should heat up to the point where it gets to hot to leave your hand near it for very long.

Okay. I'll be in touch tomorrow. Thanks!

Ok talk then. Tomorrow I am at work till 7:30 pm central. I am in the field, no internet service.

Ok. I'll just post my findings and wait for you to respond tomorrow night. Thank you!

ok

Apparently, my heater fixed itself, because it seems to be working just fine now.

Sounds good. Sometimes the internal air doors will bind and then unbind, you got lucky. Have a nice day.

Thanks, ***** *****

.