Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My husband changed the battery.. no display on my radio and…

Customer Question
My husband changed the...

My husband changed the battery.. no display on my radio and I checked all the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

My husband did it..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007 HOnda Oddysey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I tested all the fuses they are all good

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
I did check the fuses under the hood, the drivers side, and the passenger side. This is not a code issue. I cant get a display to even enter a code. I appear to not have any power to the radio at all. All I have is the Anti-theft light blinking.
1/4/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question?

Im confused? Did you not get the question?
there wasn't really a question asked. you described the issue.
did you want to know possible casuses?
No. I dont need to swap to a live phone call. Im assuming the phone call is in addition to the $28 I am already paying>
my husband changed the battery.. no display on my radio and I checked all the fuses

I understand the situation. Did you want to know possible causes?

that was the first line of the question.. I have no display on my radio after a battery change. all the fuses have been tested. What else do you need to know?
well, I know most people will say its a blown fuse.. its not. They are all working.

I need to know what your question is

do you want to know possible causes?

you are asking me for my question... Im looking for an answer on why my radio has no power when I know it isnt a fuse issue? I dont know how much clearer I can be?
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

new tech here have you confirmed power at the fuse?

I checked all the fuses. Drivers side. Passenger side and under the hood

ok next step would be to pull the radio and confirm power and ground at the connector, what options does this have... touring, navigation, ex, L, rear entertainment?

All the extraneous stuff works. Charger. DVD player. Rear entertainment. All work. The small red anti theft light is blinking. I do know that the radio on and off button would not power off. The only way to shit off the radio was to turn the key off. Is there a way to force the radio to turn on from another source then the power button.
The radio was working before battery swap. It was left on when the battery was changed. Now it won’t power back on.

you should have to enter a code is it asking for one?

You guys are killing me.. there is No power.. If I could get a display I could entire a code... there is no display. thats in my original question.. I cant enter a code if there is no display. It is obvious that no one is reading the questions.. this is a waste of time.

sorry I skipped over that part, things happen we arnt all perfect

just call customer service for your refund, have a good day