Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My passenger side heated seat won't work. The light comes on…

Customer Question
My passenger side heated...

My passenger side heated seat won't work. The light comes on for a second and then goes back out and no heat to the seats.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

It has nothing to do with the thermostat or the coolant.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2013 EX-L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
1/4/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

hello

this is normally due to a short in the seat heater itself.

you will need to have the wiring checked and potentially have the heating pad replaced

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert