Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I can't get my 99 Honda Civic radio to work it says code…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my 99 Honda Civic radio to work it says code error

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yeah the battery got disconnected and I've looked everywhere for the sticker can't find it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just tried random numbers

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No nothing else is wrong I got the battery fixed car runs great just got a code the radio

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
1/3/2018
Mechanic for Honda: kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech replied 6 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech

Look in the glove box and see if there is a sticker with a 5 digit number on it. This number is ***** code for your radio. Some times you have to drop the glove box all the way down and look on the back side of the glove box for this sticker. Let me know if you can not find the sticker and I can help you get the code you need.

Nope there is no code there

Then you will have to pull the radio out of the dash so you can get the serial number off of the side of it. In order for you to get a code you will have to have the serial and the vin number. Can you pull the radio out to get the serial number?

No i cant take out the radio its a problem is there any other way

Not on this year model radio. You have to have the serial number off of the radio itself to have a code generated.

Ya if i remove it i might as well replace it

You do not need a new radio, you just need the code to unlock it. The only problem is you can not get a code with out the serial number off of the radio itself.