Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I lease a 2016 Honda accord. My car failed its reinspection…

Customer Question
I lease a 2016...

I lease a 2016 Honda accord. My car failed its reinspection because the

Mechanic's Assistant: What can I say?

I lease a 2016 Honda Accord. My car failed the New York State reinspection because the On-Board Computer is not ready to be tested. How do I fix this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried to fix the problem.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 6 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, for starters, you are allowed one monitor to NOT be run, so it appears that you may have more than one that has NOT run yet. The toughest one to set is the EVAP system. As long as there are no problems that need to be repaired first, then here are 2 attachments for you to follow to set the monitors.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Should I have the Honda make the repair

I would, they will know exactly what to do.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.