Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2006 Honda Accord and lately the door have been…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Honda...
I have a 2006 Honda Accord and lately the door have been unlocking themselves repeatidly as if someone is pushing the unlock button over and over again this has also been causing the alarm to go off which in turn drain the battery over night and i have to get a jump in the morning what can be the cause of this problem?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
1/3/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Mechanic for Honda: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you hearing multiple clicking of the door locks? If so check for a lock switch that is shorted or wiring harness short. Try disconnecting the switches one at a time for test purposes. Also remove the FOB battery to be sure it is not the FOB. If still drawing it can be a problem in the body controller in the vehicle itself. Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic for Honda: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.