Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2001 honda civic. It will start fine and

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 honda civic. It will start fine and initinially run fine, but as the car warms up (probably 2 miles down the road) the transmission will start to slip until it will slip completely in any gear. We had the codes read and it keeps coming up with codes P0730 and P0740. it was initially low on transmission fluid so we filled to proper level with the proper fluid (was only slightly slipping then and did on same day) and it became worse to the point it is now.

Mechanic's Assistant: This is potentially serious. How long has it been going on?

Only the one day for we parked it and have not been driving it till we get it fixed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it doesn't involve rebuilding or replacing transmission, i am fixing it myself. So far i have only tried filling the fluid. Am trying to narrow it down from the shift solenoid, transmission control module, and torgue converter clutch, which is what shows on the codes when i research it farther.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
1/2/2018
Mechanic for Honda: eauto, The Car Guy replied 6 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

the first step is to measure line pressure in each gear if pressure is out of spec the trans needs to be rebuilt or replaced if the pressure is within spec change the solenoids...but the symptoms all point to a bad transmission